Frequently Asked Questions about Shutters & Window Blinds
Have any questions about buying new blinds or maintaining your current ones? If you do, come check out our FAQ section. If you don't find the answer you're looking for, then give us a call at 832-748-8837.
How to Clean Blinds
There are two popular and effective methods for cleaning blinds:
- Scrub the slats by hand. For this method, you'll need a cloth, dish liquid, water, a bucket - and plenty of spare time on your hands
- Submerge your blinds in your bathtub and scrub them. This method can be quicker, though it can also make a mess if you're not careful.
How to Measure Blinds for an Inside Mount
- Measure the width inside the window's top, middle, and bottom points. Using the narrowest measurement of the three, round up to nearest 1/8 inch.
- Measure the height inside the window at the left, center, and right points. Use the longest measurement.
- Measure the window diagonally.
How Often to Change Blinds
Most blinds should be replaced about every 7 to 8 years. When your blinds begin to approach or exceed this age range, you need to regularly inspect them for wear and tear. When this wear and tear becomes problematic enough, you need to start shopping for new blinds.